Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Small Business of the Year Finalist: Senoia Law Office

Steve Mader of SouthTowne Motors, Presenting Sponsor; Crystal Boudreaux of Senoia Law Office; and Ginger Jackson Queener of UBS Financial Services, Presenting Sponsor

We hope you've been enjoying our series of blog posts on the finalists for this year's Small Business of the Year Awards, coming up tomorrow, August 25, 2016 at The Newnan Centre. Today, meet Senoia Law Office!

Chamber membership philosophy and involvement: I recently joined the Chamber in the 2016 membership drive. I joined because I believe the Chamber to be a group of business owners who want to better their companies and the community. I plan to be invested and involved in Chamber functions. I have had some previous contact with the Chamber through my Coweta Community Foundation Board membership. Involvement is investment in our community, which is the role I see my business and myself having in Coweta County.

Community involvement: I am Treasurer of the Senoia Downtown Development Association and work on the board to improve Senoia's booming downtown. We focus on community events, beautification of the town, cultural art events, economic growth and overall community appeal in the downtown area of Senoia. I also serve as Board member and Fundraising co-chair on the Coweta Community Foundation. We work through fundraising, volunteering and community giving to help improve local nonprofits in our community. This is close to my heart as I see the work of our nonprofits daily in my job as an attorney representing children and families in Coweta County. I also work with my children's school to donate my time and skills as an attorney to donate Will and Power of Attorney preparations at school events throughout the year. For the last three years, I have been involved at Eastside Elementary School to help teachers and administrators improve their classrooms and programs.

How Senoia Law Office differs from competitors: I believe my office is different in that I try to have an inviting and open-door policy as much as possible. I tell my clients that I will be their greatest advocate, but I also owe them the truth, and sometimes that may not be exactly what they want to hear. I also have designed my practice to be a small-town attorney's office where people can call and have an ally to find a solution to their question or problem. I make it a point to tell people that while I cannot possibly practice all areas of law, I can help them find a lawyer who does what they need. I also sponsor self-defense and firearms training classes with licensed instructors to enhance my business within the community. The personal self-defense classes have helped many of my clients work through issues of fear and self-doubt and have allowed professionals to further arm themselves in businesses which can expose them to different threats, such as in home nursing and real estate. I do not make a profit on these classes. They are offered to the public at a reduced cost thanks to the instructors who choose to come and donate time to teaching students to be safe and knowledgeable in self-protection.

If you haven't yet registered for the Small Business Awards and Celebration,
click here to do so now!

No comments:

Post a Comment